My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Monday, October 10, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Any Sound of Music fans out there?


I loved the movie, but sadly I only saw it once. I remember really liking this song, but I definitely cannot quote it word for word.

Today, I thought it would be fun to show ya’ll something about me.

The simple things in life are what make me happy.

So here’s just a few of my favorite things, simple things that bring joy to my life.

Enjoy!



Storm clouds make me happy. Usually, most people think, “Oh great! A storm! There go my plans!”
While I love to stand or walk in the fierce winds before a storm, feeling just a touch of God’s power. It thrills me to be surrounded by something so powerful that my precious God made.
Sometimes I even like to play in the rain, and forget all the little, and sometimes big troubles of life.

Just enjoying another of God’s creations.

Another thing I love about storms is the darker day, that makes me want to cuddle in a blanket with my candle lit, and a good book in my hands.

Speaking of…..that brings me to another of my favorite things.



I love candles. Candles make me happy. I like to watch the little flame dance, and smell the wonderful different scents.



I can drink coffee all day. I love coffee. It is a warm companion when I feel sad, or sick, or cuddly. It’s great to enjoy while reading a book, or sitting on the porch on a chilly day.



When I wear a scarf, I feel happy. It’s like the flowing, fluttery, carefree attitude of a scarf rubs off on me.



Red, orange, and yellow leaves make me happy. I always have a sudden urge to jump into a pile of leaves.

Like the rain, it reminds me of times in my life when things were simpler.

When I had no worries.

When I was a child.

But in a way, even as an adult, we should have no worries, but rather we should turn all our cares and troubles over to the Lord. He wants to carry them for you.




I love my Bible.

My beautiful, brown leather Bible.

It brings such comfort to me, as God speaks to me through it. He comforts, reprimands, and shows me the way through it.

What I would I do without the Bible?

Well, that was all for today. Don't forget, I will be hosting a giveaway soon, so be sure to keep an eye out for it! 

 Please be sure to comment if you liked this post.

I’d love to hear from you!

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment