I don't always become reflective at the end of the year. Last year I even struggled to put some resolutions for the New Year together.
But on this New Year's Eve Eve, my heart is full of memories, joy, hopes, dreams, and desires. I got an email this morning from a friend suggesting that I pray about a verse for the year 2014. I had already been given a burden for this year, so when I saw this, a verse immediately popped into my mind.
Psalms 126:6 He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
I realized that I've lost my compassion and burden for souls. I've become so busy with the people I know and love, caring for them, trying to build my personal relationship with God, that I don't even notice the cashier at Walmart, the hobo on the sidewalk, or even the people who live in my neighborhood. Even when I went doorknocking with my church, I had the wrong attitude. I stood there with a smile on my face, inviting them to church, waiting for the moment that they'd slam the door in my face. Even though I was inviting them to church, I wasn't talking to them about the most important thing, their eternal destination. I had the attitude of well, if they'll come to church, then my pastor can preach a salvation message, and they can get saved. Or they can read the tract I just gave them. I was throwing away my own responsibility, and putting it on others, when it is just as much my job as a Christian to tell others about my Wonderful Savior.
Mat 28:19-20 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
I know that our lives get so busy, and we try to juggle so many things, that often at least one thing is overlooked. It seems like just when I try to simplify my life, I realize about one of those neglected things. That's one of the reasons why I'm trying to wake up earlier, and become healthier, so I can keep up with the busy life the Lord has graciously blessed me with.
I know this hasn't been a fun post exactly, but I hope you took the time to read it. Are there things you've been neglecting in your life? Maybe the same things that I was neglecting? Do you know for sure that if you died today you'd go to Heaven? Would you like to know more about that question and what I've talked about in this post? If you do, please go to my page tab called, "Are you sure?" If you do, I'd love to hear about it.
Here are my 14 resolutions for 2014
1. Read my Bible every day.
2. Exercise at least 10 minutes a day.
3. Do Bible College at least 4 days a
week.
4. Build my relationship with God.
5. Be a good friend.
6. *This one is personal for now.*
7. Learn how to be a godly wife. (study
the Bible about the wife, and read books about being a helpmeet.)
8. Spend time with my siblings.
9. Spend less time on technology.
10. Make
quiet time to think an important part of every day.
11. Learn
a song from the hymn book on the piano, one per month.
12. Learn
more about natural remedies and home recipes.
13. Learn
Spanish.
14. Get
up early in the morning.
And here are my resolutions for the lost.
1. Start out handing out 3 tracts a week (even if it's just putting a tract in the bathroom.)
2. When I go doorknocking, see the people at the doors as lost souls without Christ, not just uninterested, busy Americans.
3. Try to write letters or emails to missionaries.
4. Learn Spanish, so I can witness to Spanish speaking people.
5. Stay sensitive to the Lord's guidance to talk to, help, or witness to someone.
It's not much, but it's a start.

Those are some wonderful resolutions. :) What I've been neglecting is the same thing that you have shared. Thanks for writing this post! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this, you have helped me with some of my 2014 resolutions!
ReplyDelete