My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Hiatus 2


Well, here we go again! 

I decided after the last hiatus that it did me so much good that I would do it once a month. I'm looking forward to this week.

But in this last post before my break, let me share with you what I got while shopping yesterday. The Lord blessed me and my mom with some amazing finds. :) 


dress $9 on clearance at Walmart

jean skirt $10 thrift shop

jean skirt $6 thrift shop (originally Old Navy) 


grey wedges $5 thrift shop (originally Payless)


zebra flats $6 thrift shop (originally Cato) 

Pilot pens from Walmart 

I was so happy with all my finds yesterday. I've been eyeing that dress at Walmart for quite a while, waiting for it to go on sale. The jean skirts were a total surprise. Around here, jean skirts are so hard to find. We actually got three jean skirts, my mom got one of them. The grey wedges were just too adorable to pass up. I'm wearing them with my new dress tomorrow. And I've wanted zebra shoes for a long time. The Pilot pens simply make me happy. :) I love writing with them for Bible College. 

Now, are you wondering how my natural experiments have been going? 

I tried three of them last night, and two out of three worked. The one that said brown sugar water straightened your hair without the heat, was a flop. My hair is still wavy, plus being very sticky, and very VERY stiff. I can barely get my brush through it. But the other two worked out much better. I tried this one for teeth whitening, and while it tastes horrid (be sure to add that drop of toothpaste to the mix!) it really did work. I could see a change immediately after brushing my teeth. Then, I tried this one, which is a face mask. I'm so thankful they said NOT to scrub it in. While applying it, I didn't feel anything, but right after, my face started burning. I felt like someone had taken sandpaper to my face! After 30 seconds, I hurried and rinsed it off, but my face felt so bad, I put some lavender lotion on it. Thankfully, that soothed my skin, and I became aware that my teeth and face had never felt cleaner! Those recipes really kick! So, I will be doing both of those again. I still have more experiments I want to try, which some will probably be tried this week. I didn't get coconut oil yet, because it was so expensive, $10 for a small jar. I'm going to check prices at other places first.

Oh, now I have some sad news. I lost my heart ring I made yesterday. :(


I'm really sad about it. I can always make another heart ring, but this was the very first one I made, so it was special. 

While I'm gone this week, be sure to check out Callie's blog, Creations by Callie. She did this post about colors for different skin tones, which I had figured some of it out on my own, but some of her info was new for me. I also love her outfits, and I know you would too. I'm hoping to see more posts from her on the colors topic. 

Have a wonderful week, everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. I so love your blog girl!
    Keep writing.
    And it's good to meet another sister in Christ.
    Check out my blog at rockingtherunway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete