My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Who....WHO?!

A little while back, I was browsing through Abbi's blog, True Blue Abbi, and I saw this giveaway which included an owl necklace that I had been pricing. 

When I saw the giveaway, I thought I'd try to see if I could win it for free. Because free is always better, right? ;)  Although honestly, I doubted that I would win. I mean, so many people enter these giveaways, it's very rare to win one. Well, earlier this week, I got an email from Abbi saying I had won! And what I hadn't realized was that there were other parts to the prize, five different pieces actually. I hadn't noticed when I entered, only paying attention to the necklace I had wanted. 

Well, Monday I got the email saying I won, then another email Wednesday to let me know that it was shipped. Today (Friday) it was in our mail box! I was so excited, and couldn't wait to get it open. Everything was very well packaged...


each item in it's individual bag....


with a cute label......


and a sweet note....


and, of course, the beautiful jewelry! 

Here's the owl necklace I had wanted. It's lovely and well made. I don't have much brass jewelry (like maybe 2 or three pieces??) so I was very thankful for the brass owl earrings.



They're so adorable, aren't they? :) 

I normally don't like stud earrings, I only have a couple pairs of stud earrings and they were both given to me. But these are just so cute, and not plain, like I normally think studs are. 


The ring also, was new for me. I only have two or three rings, and I usually end up taking them off because they get in my way. So I was planning on giving this ring to someone else once I got it. But when I put the ring on my finger, it felt comfortable and I immediately liked it. I've worn it all evening, and it hasn't gotten in my way yet. I do have to wear it on my pinkie though, because I  have wide fingers. But I've decided to keep it. :) 



The second owl necklace is very pretty and well made, but not exactly my type. I mean no disrespect to Abbi or the company that sponsored the giveaway, but I want to be honest. And also, I don't feel the need to have two owl necklaces, especially when I like the other one so much. So I have a friend from church who I'm going to give this necklace to. She's an older lady that loves jewelry, and I know she'll like it. 

Lastly, I'd like to thank Abbi for the giveaway and the lovely prizes. It truly made my day. :) 

Also, thank you to Treena Bean shop. Be sure to check out her website here and her etsy shop here. She has a lot more cute stuff to check out. :) 

I'd like to mention that while Abbi did ask me to share the prizes I got and links to Abbi's blog and her mom's shop, she didn't make me. I truly wanted to share with ya'll about my beautiful prizes and the nice shop, as well as Abbi's great blog. I've been following her blog for quite a while, and she seems like a really sweet girl. 

Which piece among these five was your favorite? 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you SO much for the sweet write up! I'm really glad you liked everything; and I'm glad that a friend can benefit from the jewelry too(:

    I went ahead and shared it on the Treena Bean Boutique Facebook Page!

    Have a great evening dear.
    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Winning giveaways is always such fun! I love all the owl-themed jewelry! That ring is super cute! I love that last necklace too.

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete