Ok, there's a jumping spider on my ceiling, and it's very distracting. He's almost directly over me. If he falls on me, I will scream. Ok. Spider is gone. I snuck up behind him with a shoe, and right when I went to kill him, he jumped toward me. And like any self-respectin' girl, I screamed. But he's dead now, so that concludes our little drama.
Now, back to today's topic. I've been doing a lot of shopping lately, and of course, I've been enjoying it. And while I've gotten some cute stuff, I think I overdid it. I've noticed that when I do a lot of shopping, that I want more, and am content less. I only regret one purchase, my last one, which was a wake up call for me. I used money that I had planned for something else that I needed more, and now won't be able to do. Have you ever done something similar?
So, I've decided to teach myself a lesson in contentment. Put together outfits with things I already have, and be thankful for the beautiful things I've been blessed with. To see the beauty in my closet, rather than drooling over the newest cute things online. I have a lot of clothes. I have enough jewelry. I have too many shoes. We won't even talk about the purses. So, with the exception of that one thing that I was supposed to get, I'm cleaning out my personal wish list, and learning to be content. I don't plan to add anything to my wardrobe for a long time.
It's time to learn to be content.
No comments:
Post a Comment