My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Family pics and Mary Kay

On Monday evening as I was finishing up the gumbo for dinner, I decided to see what the weather felt like. I opened the door, and gasped. It felt so much cooler than it has been that it seemed nearly impossible that such a drastic change could happen so fast. So we pulled out our lawn chairs on the porch, and enjoyed it. When my mom got home from picking up my dad, he took Matthew walking in the grass. It was so cute I had to take pics. So I did. :) 










Matthew is the only other kid in the family, besides me, that loves to walk in the grass barefoot. As you can see in the second to last picture, my dad and I are both big time readers. It's funny how, even though we're not blood related, we have so much in common. Our likes, our way of thinking, I even have a lot of the same allergies as him! Speaking of which, Monday was my dad and my anniversary. 15 years ago, my dad adopted me, and neither of us have ever been sorry for that. I'm so thankful for a dad who works hard, honors God, and still finds time to spend with his family. Like here, walking with Matthew when I know it hurt his back. Being an auto mechanic for 30 years comes with lots of aches and pains. 

So how did we spend our anniversary? 

We ate gumbo, played Monopoly, and watched Courageous. 

Then yesterday a friend of our's came over to show us her Mary Kay products. She recently became a Mary Kay consultant, and asked if she could practice on us. ;) I thought it would just be face masks and stuff, so I wasn't interested. But I had a lot more fun than I thought I would. They weren't as pricey as I thought it would be. So now I have a list of products I want to get. 

I've never liked the feel of powder on my skin, or the orangy color it turns if I sweat. So I've been either going without powder, or using the liquid foundation from Mary Kay that my Mawmaw gave me. I didn't think I'd ever find a powder I liked. But when I tried this on, I couldn't believe I had powder on! It felt great!  It blended really well into my skin, and was light enough not to feel cakey. So this was most definitely on my list.

The next thing was the makeup remover. I've always just used a wet rag to scrub off my makeup, but this stuff takes makeup off so much easier! It's not that expensive, and I quickly fell in love with this product.

The eyeliner is the next thing on my list. I like the cat eye look, but every eye liner I get smears even if I don't touch it. I want a solid, thin line for my eyeliner that doesn't look to thick and stays well. Our friend said that the only thing she found that would take this stuff off was the makeup remover. That works for me. :) 

I was looking at their hand scrub, but I think I'll just get mine at Walmart. I'm satisfied with my mascara, and I don't care about blush. I may also get some lip gloss, they did have some pretty colors. But for now, those are the main three things on my list.

So have you been having fun with your family in the cool weather?

What do you think of Mary Kay? 

3 comments:

  1. Aww, Matthew's adorable! How old is he?

    I'm loving the cooler weather so far! It's still not quite warm enough for sweaters and long sleeves, but I'm thankful for this cool, rainy autumn weather.(;

    I really like the Mary Kay lipstick--I just bought one after Ashley of Bramblewood Fashion recommended it, and I love it! It's a little more red than I like, but over some chapstick, it's perfect. It also seems really high quality, which I didn't expect.

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg omg omg~ He is sooooo adorable! omg! My heart just melted~

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw sounds like you and your dad have a beautiful relationship. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete