Yes, I know, slightly dramatic title.
But that's almost how I feel!!!
I've still kept up with reading blogs, but every time I'd try to write a post, I'd end up just staring at my computer screen. BUT I seriously want to get back into posting regularly. Especially outfit and jewelry posts. I need to do like some of you more professional bloggers, and plan posts ahead of time. I'm planning on wearing a cute outfit to my Mawmaw's tonight, so I'll try to take pics and post them. :)
So what has this girl been up to?
I've been taking pictures.....
I was the photographer for our Spanish church's family day. It was pretty interesting, because I had to have someone to translate for me where I wanted people to stand and such. But the people were all really sweet, and patient considering my lack of Spanish skills. It's so great to see how our little Spanish church has been growing.
The day before, I went to my first Hibachi grill with friends. You know, it's where you sit around a table, and they cook the food right in front of you?
It's completely awesome, to say the least.
The food was great.
and the company was even better. Turns out, my friends have been planning for a month to surprise me with seeing Megan. She loves to (try to) surprise me. *grins*. The only problem with that, is that three different people spilled the beans to me before that night. It was very funny actually. As you can tell, my friends canNOT keep a secret. ;D
That night, Meg and I stayed up till 2:30AM talking, then woke up at 6AM to get ready for church. Working on three and a half hours of sleep? No problem. It's what I do. ;D
Amazingly, most of the pictures of the Spanish church came out great, even though I was probably half asleep.
So what else have I been up to?
Making jewelry!
(and selling some of it. ;) )
I love making jewelry, and the more I do, the more I love it. :D
I made my first charm bracelet, which each charm helps to describe me, and an interest in my life. I've really fallen in love with working with these lovely crystals. They're just so gorgeous, don't you think?
Of course, I've also been doing the usual, grading Mark's papers, playing with Rachel, watching movies with my family, housework and cooking, reading (more like devouring) tons of books, and just thriving on spring. :) I do believe I've caught spring fever. I've been aching to go shopping for bright colored clothes and white sandals and springy purses. Thankfully, I made some sales and was able to last Monday.
Wanna see some of my finds?
I was browsing through the clearance rack at Cato (my fav clothing store) and suddenly spotted this! I had been eying this red leather jacket since autumn, but wasn't about to pay $50 for it. It was the last one, a little big on me, but I prefer my jackets roomy anyway, and I nearly fainted at the price. $15!!!!! I couldn't believe it! It's in perfect shape, but slightly wrinkled. Which brings me to ask ya'll a question. How do you dewrinkle a leather jacket? I can't iron it, and it says machine washable, but I'm so afraid of ruining it. Any suggestions?
Before I went to Cato, I was determined to get a white skirt. I NEEDED one for Spring! I was even willing to pay full price if need be. Well, I did end up paying full price, but I LOVE this skirt! It's gorgeous, and looks great and is so comfortable. :D
Next thing on my list was a cute necklace with one of those cute material flowers on it. I've been seeing them, but didn't want to pay $21 for one! I found this one at Cato for $7, and I love it. :D
Last but not least, I HAD TO get a springy purse. All my purses are either black, brown, red or zebra. When I went to Cato, I went straight to the purses first. I looked and looked, but either I didn't like them, or they were a higher price then I wanted to pay. I was about to give up, and was walking away, when I glanced at the floor, and saw it.
The price tag was missing, so I asked a worker and she said it was $11. I could handle that. ;D So I considered my shopping trip a great success.
Ok, I'm about to end this rather long post, but I have one last question for you readers.
Which do you prefer?
![]() |
| color |
![]() |
| black and white |
![]() |
| or sepia |
I like all three, and I've had people like one or the other, so I just thought I'd ask. Plus, I thought it would give you the chance to let you see what I look like these days. ;)
So what about you?
How have you been?
Leave a comment and let me know. :)





No comments:
Post a Comment