My little corner of the web to brighten and encourage.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Moments in time.

Eww!!!

Why does my new candle stink so badly?

It's supposed to smell like pine.

*Sighs*

Oh well. 

That was kind of a weird way to start a post wasn't it? 

*giggles*

I'm sitting at my desk, trying to air my room because of that stinky candle, wrapped in my black shawl, listening to my new Celtic Woman Christmas cd, and thinking about going into the kitchen to make some coffee. With marshmallows. And risk waking two young ones sleeping in the living room and never finishing this post.

Naa.
I think I'll wait. ;) 

I have a problem.

I've been trying to get some bokeh pics, and some good Christmas decoration pics. And so far, none of them have really come out good. Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it. I go to so many blogs that have amazing Christmas pictures, and I don't know how they do it. I figured it out last year, but I had a point and shoot camera then, and now I have an SLR. It's a bit different. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and read the instructions. Ugh, I hate instructions. ;) 

This is the best Christmas decor pics I've been able to get so far. 

 love the deep blue on this ornament.

I also love poinsettias. I was able to catch some faint bokeh in this one.

 love the colors of the lights in the background of this pic, as well as the rich red ornament.

This one came out clear enough to satisfy me. ;) We've had this cute little mouse for as long as I can remember.

The finished product.

The two main tree decorators. Our parents were busy with Matthew, and getting decorations out, so I put the hooks on the ornaments, and Mark and Rachel put them on the tree. Wow! When did my little brother get so big?! 

Well, that's what I have so far. It's actually 46 degrees outside! To us Cajuns, that's past the freezing point, and to the hibernating point. ;) I've only once or twice actually seen the temperature in the teens. High teens. Yeah, my friends up north think I'm fortunate. But a little fact about me. I have never seen snow. Well, I've seen about half an inch of sleet/snow, that melted within a few minutes. One day I'd like to visit up north and make a snowman. :) 

But for now, I'm going to enjoy our warm house, coffee, and fun activities that I have planned with my siblings for the afternoon. We're going to make cupcakes, and Christmas countdown chains. 

So, until the next time.....

.......keep a smile on your face. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristen,
    I found your blog from pecanpastures, and just thought I'd answer your photography question to the best of my ability! Try putting your camera in Aperture Priority Mode (Av) and opening your aperture as wide as it will go (lowest number). Also, the more distance you can put between your subject and your background will help with the bokeh and blur the background more effectively.
    Hope this helps!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, thank you so much! I tried what you said, and it worked! I'm really excited. :) Thanks again so much for the help. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you. :)

    ReplyDelete