Hola!
How is everyone on this lovely Friday?
I've spent it well with my family. We went eat, window shopped, then went on a short road trip. Now, I'm back home.....so I get to relax, right?
NOT!!!!!!!
Too much to do! Too much to do!
Story of our lives, right?
Well, enough chit chat. I got lots of stuff to talk about today! Hopefully at least one thing will be a blessing to someone.
Let's start with today's outfit.
Whenever I know I'll be out a lot that day, I tend to put more thought into my outfit, and appearance.
For instance, today I wore makeup. Makeup, is something I've always kind of struggled with. I never wore it much during my teen years, but since I turned 18, I thought I might as well look a little older. Still, I do not wear much makeup. Here is about as much as you'll see me with: foundation or powder, eye shadow, mascara, and lip gloss or sometimes lipstick. Blush doesn't work too well on me, and I've never (or anyone else, for that matter) been able to apply eyeliner correctly on my eyes. It just never works.The intention of makeup is not to cover up your natural beauty, but to bring it out. To draw men's eyes from your body to your eyes with tastefully applied eye makeup.
Another big beauty tip to attract people's eyes to your face is to have a genuine, joyful smile on your lips, and true compassion and godly love in your eyes.
Someone once said that the eyes are the gateway to the soul.
Going on with the outfit, there's one thing I'd like to point out. As a rule, I never wear a necklace AND a scarf. It's best to have only one, maybe two eye grabbing accessories in your outfit. Having both a scarf and a necklace together can be over powering. But this outfit is an exception to the rule. The necklace is small enough, and the color of the scarf tame enough that they complement each other.
Scarves.
What good is a scarf?
A scarf can be good for many things. It can be for warmth, or adding a special touch to a less than exciting outfit.
But there's one thing that a scarf can do especially for me. You see, I'm kind of large in the bust area, and no matter how loose my shirt is, I cannot hide the fact. A scarf can help to draw attention from your bust, to your face, or help conceal them, as in the way I wore this scarf.
Now, to talk about the hat.
Until recently, (in other words, this week), I have not worn many hats. I get terrible hat hair, so once I put a hat on, I can't take it off. This week when shopping with my mom, I bought two hats! Both were great prices, and I really like them.
The two ways I wear the grey hat are.....
this way, and.....
this way.
Here is a pic of the other hat I got.
Now, here's my outfit spec's for the day.
grey hat: $4.50 at a resale shop called Clothes Mentor (It still had the original tag! The original price was $20 from a store in the mall!)
pink 3 quarter sleeve shirt: given to me
grey leopard scarf and Eiffel Tower necklace: Rare splurge at Charming Charlie's
black bracelet: don't remember
watch: I'll talk about that later
![]() | ||
black jean skirt: $6 at Clothes Mentor
Black lace converse: $10 at Walmart
I know this has been a long post......ok, EXTREMELY long post, but I have one last thing to say.
And that is, waiting pays.
I've wanted this certain watch for a long time, but didn't want to spend $15 on a watch that I couldn't wear with every outfit. Besides that, I couldn't decide which color to get (this watch comes in a lot of pretty colors).
This week at Cato, I saw the watch I wanted! And here it is!
This watch with the different interchangeable bands will go with any outfit! And it was $20 for the whole thing! That's like getting 5 watches for $4 a piece!
So you see? Waiting does pay, as it did with my leather jacket, and now these lovely watches.
Well, I've kept you long enough, so now it's time for this post to end.
Until the next time!
Love ya'll!








No comments:
Post a Comment